Lindsay Ell – Heart Theory
It’s great to finally have news of the hugely talented musician/vocalist and songwriter Lindsay Ell’s long-awaited sophomore album to share with you, something Lindsay teased across social platforms before specific details were revealed a few days ago.
” Heart Theory” will be released on August 14th, quarantine restrictions meaning that Lindsay completed the album with producer Dann Huff from a distance and two different locations, and it is already available to pre-save, add and order here http://lindsayell.lnk.to/hearttheory
Her first new original album in three years ( following on from 2017’s hugely successful “The Project” which debuted at No.1 on the country Album Sales Chart ) it is described as an incredibly personal concept album , its twelve tracks journeying through seven stages of the grieving process. While arising from her own experience, it looks to provide solace to anyone experiencing any type of hardship and having to cope with feelings such as shock, denial, anger, depression and acceptance. Lindsay says of the album ” If theory is the science of music, heart theory is the science of a heart. I hope this roadmap can be a comfort if you need it, reassurance when you need to remember to believe in yourself or maybe just a glimpse into a memory that’s made you who you are”.
The concept behind the album extends to its every aspect, including the cover art which features the range of colours which Lindsay uses to correspond to each stage of grief, and if you look at the track list below you’ll notice how the album’s title is revealed through the clever use of what appear to be random capital letters.
Lindsay co-wrote eleven of the twelve tracks, collaborating with some names I am sure will be familiar to many of you including Brandy Clark, Jessie Jo Dillon, Nicolle Galyon and Kane Brown, the latter of whom worked with her on the track ” wAnt me back” which got an exclusive play by Bob Harris on his BBCR2 Country Show the day before it became generally available.
Having recently scored her first No.1 at US Country Radio with her Brantey Gilbert duet “What Happens In A Small Town” and with two ACM nominations this looks like being a fantastic year all round for Lindsay.
Heart Theory Track Listing
1. “Hits me” (Lindsay Ell, Tyler Hubbard, Corey Crowder)
2. “how good” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
3. “i don’t lovE you” (Adam Hambrick, Melissa Fuller, Neil Medley)
4. “wAnt me back” (Lindsay Ell, Kane Brown, Matt McGinn, Lindsay Rimes)
5. “get oveR you” (Lindsay Ell, Gordie Sampson, Kelly Archer)
6. “wrong girl” (Lindsay Ell, Steph Jones, Matt McGinn, Luke Niccoli)
7. “body language of a breakup” (Lindsay Ell, Laura Veltz, Sam Ellis)
8. “good on you” (Lindsay Ell, Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath)
9. “The oTHEr side” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn)
10. “gO to” (Lindsay Ell, Nicolle Gaylon, Jordan Reynolds)
11. “make you” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
12. “ReadY to love” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn, Joey Hyde)
Article written by Lesley Hastings (twitter.com/lesleyhastings)