Sarah Darling is one of our most featured artists here at Belles and Gals, and was the winner of our ‘Belles and Gals’ award in 2017! This week we were lucky enough to interview Sarah, so we asked the Scottish country trio ‘The Logans’ if they’d like to set the questions!
1. First of all we just want to say we are in love with ‘Wasted’. Can you tell us what inspired you to write it?
‘Wasted’ is a song based on a true story I wrote 10 years ago. I had been talking to a family member who’s marriage was failing because of addiction. The next morning I wrote this haunting story with Josh Osborne and Marc Beeson. A great tune finds its way! It relates to so many people’s lives.
2. You mentioned that you have been hanging about with five Brits and a Scot on your UK tour. That sounds like a line from a song. What has that been like for you?
I’ve honestly never laughed so hard in my life the last two weeks. Im joking that I’m starting to turn into one of the guys! Looks like Im going to need serious best friend dates when I get home!!
3. How was your experience on this year’s C2C?
This is my 4th year and it keeps getting bigger and better! It blew me away seeing the crowd sing ‘Where Cowboys Ride’ back to me. Next year will be even bigger!
4. You were heard saying that you need a better name than ‘Sarah and The Darlings’. Are you sure?
We wanted to make sure that wasn’t the easy answer. Maybe it is in fact The Darlings!! It does have a nice ring.
5. You have been very busy travelling in 2018 with your Darlings, Sarah. Do you have any female company on the road?
Haha! Not very often. I do have some amazing friends who check in on me. Also I’m an online shopper which makes me feel girly on the road with all these boys!
6. You must have sung in many venues. Do you have a favourite?
I truly love the Ryman in Nashville. Also a huge fan of The Sage in Gateshead.
7. On a bit of a girly note. You always look amazing. Do you have any ‘looking good on the road’ secrets to divulge to us?
Thank you! My tips are drinking lots of water! At least 20 minutes of cardio, and balancing your diet. I also plan my wardrobe way ahead of time!
8. We see that you play guitar with your left hand. Research shows that left handed folk are better at multi tasking.
Oh no! I’m not sure when this happened but I’m definitely right handed lol. I was hoping to be in the smart group. However I’m a multitasking queen. I feel lost if I’m not juggling a ton of things.
9. Finally, do you have any advice for young women trying to break onto the country scene?
Always be yourself. Follow in your own lane and trust your instincts. There isn’t just one way to where you are going.